What is it?
National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS) are quality management schemes for organisations working on the UK’s road network. They are based on the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard framework but are modified specifically for highways maintenance activities.
There are over 20 individual schemes, but they are all classified within four main categories:
- Road surfacing and marking
- Fencing, landscaping and vehicle safety restraints
- Traffic management
- Lighting and electronics.
We can support your business to gain and maintain:
- NHSS 2A – Design and/or Supply, Installation and Repair of Fences for Infrastructure Work
- NHSS 8 – Installation and/or Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- NHSS 12 – Traffic Management
- NHSS 17 – Vehicle Recovery
With our support, planning for NHSS assessments will help you to identify areas of risk in your business and take appropriate action.
Highways Sector Schemes allow you to join the online Schedule of Suppliers, the only comprehensive national register of independently approved contractors and subcontractors.